Spotify launched a Wellness Week in 2021, and renewed the week in 2022. The plan: to take a full week off where the employees could take time off from work and rejuvenate. This decision has had a profound impact on the company’s results and reputation.
As a hard-working small business owner, could you take a full week off to rejuvenate?
Design your own yearly wellness week
Here’s a simple way to do it for your company, too:
- Decide it’s a new company policy and stick to that. If you have employees, make sure that they all get the week off.
- Plan when would be the best time to take a week off. Many design companies have seasonal sales and deliveries, so it would make sense to insert your wellness week between the high seasons.
- Add this to your client contracts. Explain that every year, your team will be off for a full week. Explain why it is necessary, what values it aligns with and what it means for the client.
- Automate marketing. During your absence, your marketing still needs to work. One way is to automate it, and make sure that your calendar for meetings is blocked during that time.
- Do not start a new project the week previous to the Wellness Week.
- Enjoy, and repeat!